Sunday, November 2, 2008
Harvest
The harvest is about done although I may still do some more applesauce. In the freezer we have blueberries, raspberries, raspberry jam, strawberry jam, peaches for pie, blackberries for pie, Hannah's corn, applesauce, and just a few green beans. The canned stuff includes peaches, pears, and Jonathan's tomatoes. It was a pretty good harvest all in all. I am so thankful for the things we were able to grow....all part of "living a quiet life" on our own little plot of earth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! That sounds wonderful!!!! I wish I had land to plant a huge garden. I would love to stock my freezer and do some canning. Nothing beats the taste of homegrown produce.
I love your blog already, I can't wait for more.
I know we say this every year, but i really do want to learn to can! Good job on the blog list! :)
What does Tim think of the blog?
Post a Comment