Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun Day

We had a good day today. A little more relaxing than the past few weeks have been. I decided we really needed to chill out a bit (well, Mommy needed to chill!) We met up with Sarah, Toby, Henry, and Melat at the park and let the kids run off some energy. It was so nice to just sit and visit...seems like there's just not enough time on Sundays! Melat had just fallen asleep when we arrived but we were thrilled that she woke up before it was time to go so Hannah and I both got our "Melat fix" for the day! Oh, we love this baby girl!

After that we went up to the church to get some books Jonathan had left there. Got to visit a bit with Wendy and "catch up". That was nice too! :) I also played piano with Ryan a bit which I have REALLY missed!

Next we went to the library and signed the kids up for the summer reading program. Today we signed up for Pierce County and tomorrow we will sign up for King County. These are really great programs with some great prizes at the end of the summer. We have been doing it for years (literally since before they could read and it was all me reading to them!) and we just love it. Obviously now they do most of their own reading but I still read to them as well. Which reminds me, we just finished two great books: The Cay by Theodore Taylor and Amos Fortune by .....oh, can't remember!

When we got home I mowed the yard and the firepit area by the creek. It feels great to have that done! Then I hoed the corn and tomatoes. Got to do the beans tomorrow.
Oh, and I'm almost done with the wedding programs...just have to finish putting the bows on them. Only 130 more! :)

2 comments:

Ricci said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I hope you have more as the summer goes on.

Angela Miller said...

This is Keegan's second year doing the summer reading program. It is so much fun to see him reading.