Saturday, January 10, 2009

Really random stuff

I haven't posted for a while....sorry to all my faithful millions of readers! I have bunches of pictures but haven't downloaded them onto my computer yet. So I'll just blab for a while.
Watch out..this is going to be really random!
I am looking forward to our 2nd service as a "merged" church tomorrow! It will also be the first day of Sunday School in the new building.
Today Jonathan and Hannah's Sunday school class got together and made cute notecards to sell to raise money for the Bassham's mission trip to Poland! The cards turned out great so all you EBC people need to buy lots! :)
We are helping Tim get ready for his mission trip with Bob Allen to Cameroon. We are excited about this opportunity for him to meet fellow believers in another part of the world and hopefully be a source of encouragement to them.
Little by little we are boxing stuff up and moving things over to my mother in law's garage for storage in preparation for our move. We had our first "looker" come look at the house today! I'm not expecting too much activity in that department until spring time. But it's a good feeling to start getting some of this stuff cleared out. I am making lots of trips to the Goodwill too! That makes Tim a little nervous....anything that's not nailed down goes to the Goodwill! I can be ruthless but my motto is "if you don't love it or don't use it....toss it!" The less stuff you have, the easier it is to keep it in order!
We are looking forward to having all the boys (and their girls) here for dinner next Friday for a "send off" for Tim. Should be a fun time.
OK I've used my quota of computer time for the day so bye bye! :)

3 comments:

jodytoady said...

Amen to your motto. I so understand and agree with that. Boy oh boy oh boy do I understand. and agree. In fact, for Hannah's birthday she will be getting her very own "Box o' Crap" from her TX Miller family. Please remember that it is all "throw away-able". It will arrive at the Concrete Party. Knowing and appreciating your packing/moving situation, I suggest anything she thinks she wants to keep, just have her leave it at her "Concrete home". I'm sure Uncle Jason won't mind. **evil grin**
Love you!!!
Purge on woman! Chip has already taken 16 full boxes to the Goodwill for me. :-) And I haven't even started going through the girls' stuff yet.
I miss you.

Michelle said...

Hey, finally a blog again! :) I need some notecards. How/when are they selling them?

Anonymous said...

Theгe is definatelу a grеat deal tо fіnd out about this topic.
I liκe all of thе points yοu made.


My blog; locate a bucket truck
My web site > forestry truck