Remember that song a few years back that went "please don't send me to Africa, I don't think I've got what it takes..."? Well I think Tim has a new appreciation for that song. They are doing well and their seminars are finished. God really has worked and glorified Himself. The part that I'm really writing about today is the fact that last night at dinner, the man next to Tim said "don't eat the meat, it's rat!" HMMMMMM!!! Rat! Yes, you read that right! I have the creepy crawlies just thinking about it. Certainly when God calls us to do something for Him, it's not always comfortable! (Thank you Lord for sparing Tim from eating rat! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yikes! Rat? Wow! Now I have that song stuck in my head :)
And I didn't mention the part about Tim looking over to see if I had taken the meat - he was looking for an opportunity to tell me I was eating rat. I had already sat down when they brought that out or I might have because you couldn't tell what it was by looking at it. Judi can tell you, I would have been really sick about that.
Tim has been a little surprised about how adventurous I have been with the food. He has stuck closer to stuff that looks and smells familiar. We have both probably lost a few pounds here. We are both counting the days until we get to begin the long trip home.
Bob
Well my first thought was to look and see if Bob was eating rat. (I had a second thought to wait and watch him eat it but I dismissed right away) if he was eating it I'm sure I would have dove across the table and snatched it from his hands...cause that's just the kind of guy I am.
TIm
:)
Tim,
Don't you forget who got the guys to stop so that you could use the toilet -- I did not know they would find the one that had no toilet seat.
And besides, let's respect our elders and keep them from eating rat.
Bob
Truth be known, I have pulled Bobs bacon out of the fire so many times over here my hands will be black for a month.
Tim
A little note about the church service in Cameroon. Somewhere about the middle of the service this morning Pastor Joel announced"Now two of the deacons will now take Bob and Tim to the back room for the African ritual". Then he giggled. which brought a round of laughter from the church. I looked over at Bonevenchia who was sitting beside me, he just grinned. Thoughts ran through my mind.....I tried to run the list of African rituals through my mind that I had seen in the movies. None of them were a great comfort to my heart. Neither was Joel's statement as we got up to follow them men. He said "and may you perform the ritual well, heh heh heh". What if we don't perform the ritual well? What happens then Bob?
As it turns out, it they had beautiful African shirts that they wanted us to put on. My shirt fit perfectly because of my girlish figure, but watching Bob (and two men) try to get this shirt on Bob was a little like watching two guys trying to stretch a tire over top of a phone booth.
God moved through Bob today in His message. There was a man attending church that works at a local radio station. He asked Bob to come back tonight and give the message again on the radio. PTL
Tim
I am shocked -- that you would reveal the secrets of a fellow traveler. Like I said, if I hadn't been starving all week, that tire would never have fit over my tire. This weight loss program has been pretty effective.
Bob
Post a Comment