Saturday, May 5, 2012
Homeschool Co op 2011-2012
This year we joined a homeschool co op called Lighthouse. We (I) needed the support especially for math and science. I absolutely love it. I love them having to be accountable to someone besides me (hmmm....just like real life will be!) and I know they are getting things from the teachers that I just can't give them at this level (especially math!) Jonathan is taking Physical Science, Algebra 1/2, Computers I, and Cartooning. Hannah takes Physical Science, Study Skills, Computers I, and Beading/Jewelry Making.
I let them each choose a "fun" class in addition to the core subjects. It has already made a huge difference in their organizational skills and making sure their work gets done in order to meet their deadlines. Next year I'm planning on having both of them take science (Biology), Math, and a writing class called Institute for Excellence in Writing. Another thing I like about this is that it gives them the school feel within a wholesome environment. Once we got signed up we discovered that there are many families there that we know....Chaffees, Quicks, Butlers, Brashers, Gages, Babbitts......the kids had so many friends there before they even started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment