Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Howard Anderson
Since Nancy died a year ago, Darren has been living back at the homeplace functioning as Howard's primary caregiver. Debbie also has spent a good deal of time daily over there as well as providing meals for them all. This past week they knew he was nearing the end and very close to going home to heaven. Jonathan, Hannah and I went up every day and hung out with them...kids played mostly, I brought food, and just sat with them. Each day we would have all the kids come in and we would all sing hymns around his bed. He couldn't speak anymore at this point but he knew what was going on. One memory I will carry forever is two days before he died I was there and Debbie had to step away for a few minutes. I sat next to Howard holding his hand and singing hymns to him. It was precious. On Sunday, September 4, as his family gathered around singing "He the Pearly Gates Will Open" (fitingly an old Swedish hymn), he closed his eyes and stepped right through those pearly gates into Jesus' arms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment