Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Carter BABY!!!!
Earlier this week Aaron called and asked for us to come to dinner on Sunday evening. He said they had a big salmon from Keith and wanted us to help them eat it. Well early that afternoon Howard passed away. When Aaron called me I told him that Dad and the kids would still come for dinner but if Debbie needed me I would need to go to her. God has a way of working out little details. Debbie said she was fine for now and so we all went to Aaron and Lindsey's.
When we pulled up I saw that Mary's car was there. I mentioned to Tim that I didn't know she was coming too but didn't think too much of it. After we had been there for about 15 minutes, Keith and Vicki showed up. Oh, in the car on the way there we were discussion why they were having us over. I said it's probably cuz they want to tell us they are having a baby. Tim said no, they are getting a puppy!
Well when dinner was ready we all went into the dining room to sit down. I noticed on the side table three gift bags with tissue poking out and thought...Hmmmm....three gifts....three moms.....
Finally Aaron said "do you want to know why we invited you?" We all just about shouted "YES!" So Lindsey passed out the three gifts to Vicki, Mary, and me. When I opened it, I saw it was a picture frame and I thought it would have an ultrasound picture in it. It didn't. But then I saw that the frame said "Grandchildren are the greatest gift."
I immediately started crying I was so happy! Plus I was just so emotional from Howard's passing just hours before. It just struck me that on the same day my best friend's dad went to heaven I also found out we were going to be grandparents!!
The baby is due May 6 and so far only those of us in the room know about it. They wanted us to know but they are keeping it secret for a little while until she's a little farther along in the pregnancy.
SO EXCITING!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment