Monday, May 16, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Adam Carter August 28, 2010












































August 28, 2010
We couldn't have asked for a better day for Adam and Kayla's wedding! A little cool in the morning but beautiful blue skies and it warmed up nicely as the day went on. Adam cleaned up the creek area so beautifully and built a rock wall on part of it. He also made several dams to let the water trickle down. It sounds so pretty when you sit down there and listen to it. He also built an arbor for Kayla to decorate and that was the focal point of the ceremony.

They each had 5 attendants. Jonathan was a groomsman and Hannah and Kelsey were junior bridesmaids. Tanner was the "ring dog"! Everyone got quite a kick out of that one! The girls wore pretty purple dresses and rain boots! Even Kayla wore her rain boots under her dress! (Thankfully we didn't actually have any rain!)The guys wore blue jeans, white button down shirts and lavender ties...oh, and Georgia boots!

Kayla was radiant and I'm not sure I've ever seen Adam any happier! Kayla's dad drove her on his quad from the house to the entrance of the ceremony then they walked down the aisle between the big barrels. They did the traditional unity candle and then planted a tree together on the other side of the creek. We got lots of comments about all the unique special things that they did. Everyone loved how personal the whole day was to Adam and Kayla.

When it was time for the bride and groom's first dance, Kayla's dad, Tim, and Aaron played their song. Kayla had picked out this great song for Adam and me called "Blessed to Call You Mother" and I couldn't stop crying through the whole thing! Adam kept saying "I love you Mom" and I would just cry more! The whole day was absolutely perfect!

No comments: