Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dear Vi



Keith & Vi and Neal & Lois....best of friends forever!
On April 12, Jason called me to let me know that Vi was in the hospital. They said it was leukemia and they didn't even know if she would make it through the night. We headed up to Lynden (Jason and I and the kids) on Tuesday morning. We were able to visit with Loren & Vickie, Brent & Marcia, Candi and Cara for several hours at the hospital. Vi was not responding or talking by this time. It was good to be able to hold her hand and tell her we loved her.
We did have some good laughs remembering all the fun times camping/fishing trips and our dads' antics. Oh, and Jason and Loren torturing each other at Dad's feed store...well mostly Jason antagonizing Loren until Loren would get him good! (wrapped in plactic tape and upside down in a pallet of feed ha ha!)
On April 15 Vi went home to Jesus and Keith. We drove up to Lynden again on the
20th for the funeral. I still can't believe that they are both gone now. They were like parents to us. I am so thankful for the hope of heaven!

1 comment:

jas said...

Well said. I miss her.