Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Beach

(I forgot I had written this post and saved it but hadn't posted it. So it's a bit repetitive but I'll post it anyway.)

Last weekend we camped at Long Beach and we are here again this weekend. Jonathan has caught two salmon so far! We also pulled in quite a catch of crab. Hannah and I canned 16 quarts of pears today while Tim and Jonathan were out fishing. Jason came down today and so did Kirsta and the boys. We went to the beach this afternoon and the kids had a GREAT time building a fort on the beach on a big old tree stump. Don't know what is on the agenda for tomorrow, maybe Fort Stevens to see a Civil War reenactment or the Cape Disappointment lighthouse. Whatever we do, with this group it's sure to be fun! Oh, and *I* won't be going out in the boat again....got pretty seasick yesterday! :(

No comments: